Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chicken Breasts Are My New Best Friend



So for the past week, 2 weeks, I've been eating nothing but peanut butter jelly sandwich for breakfast, and chicken breasts for dinner. Felt like it's the best and easiest mix of food I can quickly make, and also inexpensive. My diet has been overall improved in my opinion. Main thing missing is eating fruits and vegetables, which I may have to either find substitutes like V8 and OJ, or possibly just mix it in my cooking e.g. add vegetables as I'm boiling my chicken breasts.

So 1 week's passed, I am really unsure whether if it is due to that I've been on P90X for 3 weeks already before I started Insanity, or if it's just the 1 week of training on Insanity, but I definitely see some improvements in terms of how my body feels, and looks! Even so, I seemed to have plateaued in terms of my body weight. I started out on Insanity, without clothes, roughly 200 lbs, and now I'm kind of in between 200 and 199. I guess that either means I'm burning fat, and burning it just as fast as I'm gaining muscles, or there's simply no changes to my body composition (which is less likely). I definitely see some results in my body, and being that it's only 1 week into Insanity it's really too early to tell. My legs (thighs) definitely have not shown too much improvement, I am still having trouble with a few of the stances (lunges) in the stretching part of the program. In addition, when I can't keep up, I've noticed mostly it's because my legs are too weak due to that my upper body still had strength and power to do push-ups.

Leading from one of my last posts, I think running is definitely something I should look into. Not necessarily just to tone up my legs, but to seriously build more strength in my lower body below the belt. Only problem I see with running is that it sucks to run alone, and IF I really do run, I'd prefer to run with a partner, instead of running alone. I guess I can look into that...

No comments:

Post a Comment